We are a group of Christians who meet in the south-side of Glasgow. We are a bible-centred church, with a mixture of adults, teenagers and children. We usually meet in Thorntree Hall on Sundays at 11:00am (the address is on our Contact page) however during the Covid-19 pandemic we have been meeting online. You are warmly invited to join us and can contact us for further details to log on.
Our desire is to know God and make Him known so our weekly service focusses on worshipping Jesus Christ who is God in flesh. We come to the Bible as God’s inspired word to seek guidance and understanding and as Christ touches our hearts we are inspired to make him known in our world of need.
We seek to understand and apply the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to our life and to share the good news of the gospel with others. In a broken and sinful world we believe that answers to our deepest questions are to be found in the person of Jesus. His life and work at the cross demonstrates God's love for humanity and his desire that we would be reconciled to him through forgiveness of sin and that our world would be renewed. As the implications of this are vast and apply to all of life we seek to minister the gospel to one another and our world. Part of our gospel ministry is to seek the welfare of others and offer practical support in Christian love as Jesus did for others in his life.
Although we are a small church we have dedicated teams and people to help us fulfil our ministry activity;
- Bible study: As well as our regular church services and events at Thorntree Hall, small groups of people meet to study the bible together either in homes or in the local community.
- Church Services: In addition to our regular weekly church services we hold community services at Easter and Christmas. We also enjoy our church day away and church weekend together which alternate biannualy.
- Community Events: Throughout the year we run a variety of community events such as coffee mornings (with craft stalls), a five-a-side football tournament for adults and a children’s summer holiday club.
- Foodbank: We support the local Foodbank on a monthly basis.
- Ministry courses: We offer courses to help people with debt (CAP Money Course) and introduce people to the Christian faith (Christianity Explored). We also make use of other courses to help unpack the bible.
- Neighbourhood Chaplaincy: Our N.C. team carry out regular visits in the community offering practical help and spiritual support from the bible.
- Praise Team Ministry: We have a dedicated team of musicians who help to lead us in worship and develop our worship experience and skills.
- Prayer: We are committed to prayer as individuals and meet for a weekly prayer meeting and hold prayer walks at different points in the year.
- Thornliebank Together: We are involved on the steering group with other stakeholders to help support this important community initiative.
- Scripture Union: We support an SU group in the local school and our summer holiday club is affiliated to Scripture Union.
- Sheltered Housing: We support the local Sheltered Housing with a monthly service and social activities throughout the year.
- World Mission: We have a dedicated team who help us to support Christian ministry and people in need in various parts of the world.
- Youth: Our youth groups meet regularly to support one another and look at the bible together. We have a team of leaders dedicated to youth work.